Monday, January 24, 2011

Flora and Fauna




1) Purple Flower - Salt Lake City Utah 1/22/11 1:27 pm 1/4000 f/2.8
2) Old Lights - Salt Lake City Utah 1/22/11 1:34pm 1/3200 f/2.8
3) Horns - Rexburg, ID 1/23/11 10:27 pm 1/250 f/2.8
4) Water fall - Salt Lake City Utah 11/22/111:31pm 1/4000 f/2.8

For this assignment we were to photograph Flora and Fauna. Nice and vibrant flora was very difficult to find in the middle of winter. However, with an open eye and ambition I was able to make things work. This weekend I went down to Utah so I thought it would be a great opportunity to snag some pictures. All of the flora pictures are from around the Gateway mall. I was able to find some nice scenery like the waterfall.
For the fauna part of this project I photographed some bull horns. My hardest thing with that was finding an interesting composition to work with. After trying many different things, this is what I decided to go with. I just photographed one side of them using the rule of thirds and put the tip of the horn out of focus.
For all these pictures I did some simple editing. I just raised the vibrance and saturation to make the pictures pop just a little more. The picture of the flower I darken some so the purple would pop out a little more from the background.

1 comment:

  1. I like the image "Old Lights". The composition is good, in which I mean the tree is in a good spot. I like how the background is blurred (shallow depth of field). Keep up the good work and try new things. Maybe getting even closer to the tree would have created an even better effect?

    ReplyDelete