Sunday, January 30, 2011

Panoramic





Here's a panoramic shot that I recently took. Finding inspiration for this was really tough for me to do. I had never done a panoramic before and had no idea what to expect but I think it turned out well for a first time. The first picture is the panoramic and the other four are the pictures that I combined. As you can see I took out the car and the tall elevator shaft. When I merged the pictures the shaft didn't fit right at all so I just put in more sky. As for the car, it was just annoying and in the way. I edited the image in Bridge.

1) (All settings the same for each image) Old times Rexburg, ID (Train Yard) 1/29/11 12:10 - 12:13 pm f/5.0 Shutter Speed 1/250 Shot on a Canon 60D with a 28mm 2.8 lens

3 comments:

  1. This area seems to be a popular place to take pictures in town but I like what you did with your final pano. It looks like you had a mask over it and used the brushes to darken the sky witch turned out very well. It looks like that you either did a great job with the clone tool or with the content fill to add in some of the extra sky as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love the way your pano turned out! I really like the effects you added on to the sky it gives it a dramatic feel. Cool spot to take a picture. Looks like you figured out how to use camera raw pretty well AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work with your first panoramic, Tanner! I think the sky is nice with more blue in it, but it may look a little more natural if you don't brush down so close to your buildings. Keep a large feather on the brush edge and just go along the top edge, then lighten the blur or sats when you come to the middle. I love the way you capture all those buildings around the seed house. It is a classic Rexburg scene and you composed it nicely.

    ReplyDelete